Sunday, 7 November 2010

Book Reveiw,

Book review: The CHERUB series, The Recruit.

I would really recommend this book for anyone who likes a bit of Mystery, Action and Suspense all in one! The book is about twelve year old James Adams who is recruited as a child spy from an orphanage. CHERUB is a kid spy campus where they use kids as agents in a variety of missions and tasks. Here James is pushed through a variety of challenges and training in order to qualify as a kid agent. James then goes on his first mission where he goes undercover in a gypsy camp to find out top secret information about an evil plot being planned in the secret tunnels.


 I really enjoyed this book although the language was quite basic, it was still cleverly written in a style to please all ages. It’s encouraged me to read more books similar to this and I hope to read the rest of the series. 


 My favourite character in the book was Amy.  She portrays a sisterly figure towards James the main character and is also quite cheeky and rude which I think is a good character to have in this particular story.

I haven’t really found any useful or interesting vocabulary in this book. This would be my only criticism as the language was quite basic throughout.

                                                     .
Book Cover

Overall I would give this book 4 and a half out of five.  I couldn’t put it down as it was exciting, adventurous and I wish it was real!

6 comments:

  1. MAEVEEEEEE :)

    WWW- this is shockingly amazing, your detail and explaination is great ;D
    EBI- you got a picture of the book :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maeveeeeeeeeee :)
    I've read this book and i think this is a really good review :)

    EBI- a picture of the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WWW: well done MAEVEY youve written this really well, and long :)) have a nice weekend :)) <3
    COME ON OVER VALERIE ;0

    ReplyDelete
  4. WWW: very detailed Maeve :))) it seems you took an interest in the book

    EBI: Pictureeeee :)))

    ashleigh and aoife xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WWW:very detailed
    EBI: Pic of book
    RATING: *****

    From Jade and Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WWW: seems really interesting and really detailed

    EBI: a picture of the book and you rated the book

    BEX AND ALI <3

    ReplyDelete